- New Research Shows Discussion, Debate & Simulations about Current Events Boost K-12 Civics Ed. Scores
- Digital Badges Offer Promise for Overcoming Obstacles in States Lacking Civic Ed. Assessments
- Leading Youth Research Group Releases Analysis of Where Young Americans Stand on Immigration Policies
- “Millennials” Play a Central Role in our Nation’s Civic Health, but Who are They?
- High School Civic Education Linked to Voting Participation and Political Knowledge, No Effect on Partisanship or Candidate Selection
- Distinguished, Nonpartisan Commission Announced to Study and Inform Policies on Youth Voting
- 2012 Youth Voter Fact Sheet: Turnout was 66% for Youth who have any college experience, 35% for others
- 2012 Youth Voter Fact Sheet: Data Show Youth Voting Patterns Varied Widely by Race & Gender
- 2012 Post-Election, Youth Voter Fact Sheets to Shed Further Light on Key Voting Bloc
- [Audio] National Press Conference Call to Announce Exclusive Youth Turnout Data & Analysis of the Role Young Voters Played on Election Day (Joint call with Rock the Vote)
- Among Young People, Nearly 3⁄4 of Black Youth Intend to Vote; Over 2⁄3 of White Youth; and Over 1⁄2 of Latino Youth
- Recent Polling Shows an Improvement in Knowledge of State Voting Laws, but over 40% still “Not Sure” about Specific Laws
- YOUTH IN THE HORSERACE: 52% Obama v. 35% Romney; In Three Months, Intention to Vote Rises 9.9 points
- As Campaigns Court the Youth Vote, New Research Shows that Only 9 States Require Civic Ed Testing for Graduation
- 40% of 18-29 Year-Olds Have No College Experience: Campaigns Focusing Only on Campus Outreach Miss More Than 18 Million Eligible Voters
- YouthBuild Creates Opportunity for Youth; Leaders for Communities
- Study Finds No Evidence that AmeriCorps Mobilizes Young People Politically; Non-voters More Likely to Enroll in Program
- Louisiana Youth Turnout 2%
- Illinois Youth Turnout 4%
- Youth Turnout in Alabama 8%, Mississippi 5%; Santorum Wins Youth Vote in Both States
- Background: Data and Analysis on Youth Vote in Alabama and Mississippi Ahead of Today’s Primaries
- By Same Point in 2008, Obama’s # of Youth Votes More-than-Double 2012 Republican Candidates
- Youth Turnout on Super Tuesday 5%; Paul, Santorum and Romney Tied for Youth Support
- Romney Catches Paul in Youth Votes after MI & AZ Primaries
- Nevada Youth Turnout: One Percent; Just 2,600 Nevada Citizens Under Age 30 Participate in Caucus; Paul Wins Youth Vote with 41%
- Can Romney Draw Youth Support? Florida Youth Turnout 4%; Romney Wins Young Voters but Paul in Second without Campaigning
- Florida’s Young Republican Primary Voters Far More Diverse than Those in SC, More than 20% of Young Latino Voters in 2010 Republican
- South Carolina Youth Turnout 8%
- 100% Reporting: New Hampshire Youth Turnout 15%
- New Hampshire Youth Turnout 15%; 29,000 New Hampshire Citizens Under Age 30 Participated in Republican Primary; Strong Showing for Paul
- Young NH Voters Historically Engaged, With Higher Turnout than National Avg. in Every Election since ‘98
- Iowa Caucus Youth Turnout – 4%, Overwhelmingly Supported Paul, Provided Candidate 1/3 of Total Votes
- CIRCLE to Release Only Data on Youth Turnout in Iowa Caucuses on Wed, Jan. 4
- New Analysis of Young Voters in Battleground States Show Steep Decline in ’08 Democratic Advantage
- ‘08 Repeat? Data Show GOP Presidential Candidates Have Opportunities With Iowa Youth
- New Study Shatters Stereotypes and Dispels Myths about Young African American Voters
- New Study Dispels Stereotypes About Young Voters Ahead of the 2012 Elections
- 9/11 now in Textbooks and Standards, Many states require teaching it, but textbook treatments are cursory, and state standards require only basic information, Washington State and Vermont standards more substantive
- Massachusetts Senate Election: Youth Turnout was just 15% Compared to 57% for Older Citizens, Young Voters Favored Coakley
- Veterans Day Story
- Youth Turnout Down in New Jersey, About the Same in Virginia, Compared to Past Gubernatorial Elections
- States Have the Power to Increase Youth Voter Participation
- Book Reveals Youth are Motivated & Interested in Civics, But Lack Options to Get Involved
- New Census Data Confirm Increase in Youth Voter Turnout in 2008 Election
- Downward Trend in High School Volunteering
- Turnout by Education, Race, Gender and Other 2008 Statistics
- Youth Turnout Rate Rises to at Least 52%
- Preliminary CIRCLE Projection: Youth Voter Turnout Up
- Tufts University’s CIRCLE Awarded Federal Grant to Build Online Social Network and Federal Grant to Study Civic Participation
- Civic Health of the Nation: Election Energizing & Engaging Americans, but Many are Frustrated
- Read the Mississippi press release (Mar. 11, 2008)
- Read the Ohio press release (Mar. 4, 2008).
- Read the Texas press release (Mar. 4, 2008).
- Download the summary press release (OH & TX combined)
- Read the Wisconsin press release (Feb. 20, 2008).
- Read the Maryland press release (Feb. 13, 2008).
- Read the Virginia press release (Feb. 13, 2008).
- Read the Louisiana press release (Feb. 10, 2008).
- Read the Super Tuesday press release (Feb. 6, 2008).
- Deep divide in the primary youth vote, 8 in 10 Young Voters went to College, Research Reveals Higher Income School Districts Offer More
- Opportunities to Learn about Politics and Citizenship
- Read the Florida press release (Jan. 30, 2008).
- Read the South Carolina press release (Jan. 27, 2008).
- Read the Nevada press release (Jan. 20, 2008).
- Read the Michigan press release here (Jan. 16, 2008).
- Read the New Hampshire press release here (Jan. 9, 2008).
- Read the Iowa press release here (Jan. 4, 2008).
- 2008 Election Media Resources Available:Experts, Talking Heads, Analysis on Youth Vote & Civic Engagement, Latest Research/Data to Include Estimates on Primary States Turnout, Historical Trends, Gender/ Ethnic Breakdowns on Youth Voters and More
November 7, 2007:
October 9, 2007:
August 29, 2007:
- Current Social and Political Issues Gain Little Currency in Schools, History and Government Classes Tend to Emphasize Traditional
July 26, 2007:
- New Book Explores the State of Youth Civic Engagement and Calls for Civic Renewal to Boost Democracy
- Purchase the book (proceeds benefit CIRCLE).
June 15, 2007:
April 17, 2007:
April 5, 2007:
February 7, 2007:
- African-American Youth Trust in Government Plummets Big Shifts in Attitudes About Government Among All Races from 2002-2006
- New Lake-Goeas Poll Analysis Shows Iraq, Pocketbook Issues & Candidate Contact Spurred Large 2006 Youth Vote
November 8, 2006:
February 15, 2006:
July 25, 2005:
May 26, 2005:
November 3, 2004:
September 21, 2004:
- Study Shows Emphasizing Elections in Civics Classes Has Positive Impact on Political Knowledge and Voting
April 5, 2004:
March 10, 2004:
February 5, 2004:
January 15, 2004:
- “Internet Has Limited Appeal – and Some Real Traps – As Tool For Bringing Young People Into Politics. Survey Reveals Top Issue Priorities for Youth and Decline in Trust”